Please check and make sure you understand any visa requirements that apply to you travelling to the UK.
Even if you did not need a visa when you visited the UK in the past, please check the requirements now as this may have changed. Citizens of the European Union do not need a visa to enter Britain. If you are from any other country, find out about visa requirements before you travel
If you are travelling with a visa we recommend that you have a return flight and confirmed accommodation, for the whole time you are visiting the UK. Bring documentation of your plans.
If you are not travelling with a visa please be aware that you may still be required to confirm your accommodation or return travel plans.
You need to be able to show that you can support yourself financially for the whole trip, unless you are allowed to undertake paid work in the UK.
Full information can be found at www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa Please check if you need a visa and if you do, apply in good time. Some visas require visits in person to the embassy, and may take many weeks or even months to process.
IPCUK is a non-commercial event. Most people coming to IPCUK will be enjoying the opportunity to do some sightseeing and tourism activities in London, or to visit friends in the UK, so a general tourist visa is likely to be appropriate.
The application fee for short-stay visa is approximately £85 for applications from most countries.
To assist your visa application you will need:
- A current passport or other valid travel identification
- 2 passport size colour photographs
- You'll also need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
You may be asked to provide documentation which may include (please note this is not an exhaustive list):
- Proof of your current employment
- Letter of leave from your employers
- Proof of savings
- Bank or credit card statement(s) - to show you can financially support yourself in the UK
- Details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans - obtain reservations
- Letter from family/friends in UK who can support your stay (proof of this would need to be provided)
- Proof of travel history in previous passports
- Letter of invitation confirming your registration and payment for IPCUK
You’ll need to provide a certified translation of any documents that aren’t in English.
You may have to appear in person for an interview as a part of the visa process. If you need to do this, you will be told at the time you submit your application.
The IPC and the Permaculture Association are not responsible for your welfare whilst in the United Kingdom.
You may additionally be asked to present a letter of invitation from the Permaculture Association on behalf of IPC to verify your intention to attend the IPCUK 2015 conference in London.
We can provide letters of invitation to the following individuals:
- People the IPC committee knows
- Confirmed speakers
- Committee members
- Delegates who are getting a scholarship from IPCUK
The letter of invitation will only state the facts:
- Conference title, dates and location
- That the registration fee has been paid in full and has cleared
- Confirmation of role of committee member or speaker
Do I need a visa?
We've looked at the countries people have booked from so far to see who needs a visa. It's not a complete list of all countries.
If you have a passport from:
- Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, you don't need a visa.
- China, Cuba, India, Peru, Russia, Serbia, South Africa, Thailand, Zambia, you need a visa.
- Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Hungary, United States, you don't need a visa, but bring key documents to show at UK border.
- Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, you don't need a visa but bring the same documents you would need to apply for one to show at the UK border.
- Taiwan, you won't need a visa if your passport has a personal ID number on the bio data page but you should bring the same documents you’d need to apply for one to show at the UK border.
As you can see you need to check for yourself! ww.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Keep up to date
The 12th International Permaculture Convergence and Conference.
Over a thousand practitioners and activists joined from around the world.
Register on our mailing list for updates and to find out about new audio, video, blogs and more.